The COLLAGE CONCERT is Thursday, February 9at 7 p.m.Orchestra, Marching Band, and Jazz Band students will perform on this concert. We will need student assistance after school Thursday, February 9 to set-up the gym. If you are available to help, see Mrs. Wickman. Set-up should take about 1 hour after school Thursday.
- PRACTICE: Monday, February 6, 3-4:30p.
- Marching Band will perform Malaguena, Rhythm of the Night, and the SHS Fight Song. Drumline will perform cadences as well (Zero and Mango). Be sure to review music and check memorization.
- Check that you have your entire uniform including hat, gloves, socks, and shoes. Be sure to check uniforms before the day of the performance!
- Drumline be sure to place your drum equipment in the band hallway before the concert. Boys will need to leave marching band instruments and uniforms in the choir room before the concert. Boys will NOT be able to get into the band room to get equipment while Orchestra and Jazz Band people are changing.
DRESS (Concert Ensembles - Orchestra & Jazz Band)
- ORCHESTRA: Boys - Black slacks, black shirt, black dress shoes, black socks; Girls - Black slacks or ankle length skirt/dress, black shirt or blouse, black socks/hose, black shoes.
- JAZZ BAND: Colored button down shirt and black dress slacks, black dress shoes, and black socks. Individuals in Jazz Band will wear Jazz Band attire for all performance except Marching Band.
- MARCHING BAND: full uniform including gloves. If your marching shoes do not fit, wear a pair of completely black flat shoes. Wear your show t-shirt and light shorts to help make your uniform change easier. YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE A CHANGE OF CLOTHES AS YOU ARE TURNING UNIFORMS AFTER THE CONCERT.
- Jazz Band members will change into marching band uniforms after Coming Home Baby.
- Orchestra members in marching band will return to the orchestra room (girls) or choir room (boys) after they perform Cliffs of Moher to change into their marching band uniform.
REPORT TIMES: Orchestra and Jazz Band musicians must report to the band/orchestra room by 6:40 p.m. Individuals only in the Marching Band must report by 6:50 p.m.
CLEAN UP: All Stevenson musicians are expected to help cleanup the gymnasium following the concert. This is part of your concert grade. All chairs, stands, percussion equipment, etc. must be cleared from the gym floor and the choir and band rooms must be clean. Each ensemble will have a person with which to checkout. It is your personal responsibility to checkout!
MARCHING BAND UNIFORMS will be turned-in after the performance Thursday night. Your complete uniform (including the hanger, hat, and hatbox) must be checked in by a designated adult. YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE A CHANGE OF CLOTHES to wear home after the concert. When your uniform is checked in, any damages beyond normal wear and tear will be assessed repair/replacement fees.
FEES FOR UNIFORM DAMAGES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Reattach button/snap/hook: $1.00
Stains - $2.00 each
Tears - sm $3.00, lg $10.00 (over 2 inches)
Zipper replacement - $10.00-$15.00
Damage from machine washing - $10.00
Replacement hanger - $3
Replacement fees for damage beyond repair:
STATE SOLO & ENSEMBLE - Saturday, March 18 at South Lyon HS
Students in grades 10-12 who registered to perform a solo at State Solo & Ensemble are required to perform a proficiency, which includes scales and sight-reading in addition to the prepared solo. Please read the proficiency information in the link below to be sure you are applying for the correct proficiency level. If this is your first year playing a proficiency, you should be registering for proficiency 1. In the document you will also find scale requirements and all extra requirements for piano and percussion. Proficiencies are for SOLOS grades 10-12.
In rehearsal TUESDAY we will be working on Beauty & the Beast, Enchante, and Coming Home Baby. Be sure to work out your individual parts before rehearsal so we can have a productive rehearsal. The Jazz Band will perform Thursday night on the Collage Concert. Be sure to wear a colored dress shirt and black pants for the performance. Call time is 6:40p.
Roger Ingram: Roger's Story
MUSICAL - PIT ORCHESTRA
This year's MUSICAL will be Annie. Individuals who turned in a completed commitment form and have been assigned a book for the pit orchestra will receive confirmation on Monday in class. The opportunity to participate is available to students based on the instrumentation needed for the show, individual’s concert ensemble, and chair placement (there are NO auditions). It is extremely important that members of the pit participate in every rehearsal for the entire scheduled time. Our first rehearsal will be Wednesday, February 8 at 3p.
Thursday, February 9 is the Stevenson Triad Collage Concert (Orchestra, Jazz Band, and Marching Band will perform). Marching Band will have a rehearsal in the competition gym Monday, February 6 from 3-4:30p to prepare for the event. Be sure you have located your marching band uniform and all its pieces (jacket, pants, gloves, shoes, hat) for this performance.
GOOGLE CLASSROOM DIRECTIONS
If you had issues earlier in the week registering for SmartMusic, the directions have been updated in Google Classroom and on the music website.
Orchestra – SmartMusic Registration (due 2/5/17)
Symphony Band – SmartMusic Registration (due 2/5/17)
Wind Ensemble – SmartMusic Registration (due 2/5/17)